Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Onboarding at OneVoiceData - Anne

Posted: Nov 20th, 2019 - 12:46 am In Reply to: Onevoicedata - Typer

Continuing my narrative of onboarding with OneVoiceData.

I have seen no red flags. Everyone still seems very nice and very responsive.

I had my computer scan yesterday. It was like expecting a root canal but instead getting a cleaning.

I made an appointment for the scan. An employee (not someone from a data center from a far-off land) called me saying he would perform the scan. He said I could watch the entire scan. This is a dedicated computer, so I could have cared less. He was very sensitive to the fact that he was on my computer and did everything to assure me that he was on the level. He made sure all my Windows updates were updated. I had a year's worth of updates, and he was very cool. It took a couple of hours to do the Window's updates. My fault. I should have done the updates beforehand. He was very gracious. I was the last install for the day, so he could continue the scan after my Windows updates were finished.

After that, he checked my computer speed and memory. He decided those were fine.

Then he installed the virus software. That was it. I looked on my computer, and I didn't see anything with tentacles, etc.

He was extremely respectful of my time, and just called me when I needed to do something on my end.

The next day, today, I received an e-mall with instructions on loading Fluency. The Fluency download was very simple. The MT loads Fluency; they don't load Fluency.

I haven't been scheduled for training yet. They did send me a really cool manual, which is the best Fluency documentation I've every seen, and I've used Fluency at a couple of different places.

So far, so good. They seem very organized, competent, and polite. The onboarding process seems very logical.

I've never worked for Nuance, but this experience doesn't sound at all like Nuance. It couldn't have gone any better.

And I agree with what someone else said on here. I don't think having Fluency experience is that important. It's pretty easy to learn.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering applying or anyone who is simply curious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)