Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I applied, but did not take the job s/m - Anon

Posted: Nov 13th, 2019 - 5:28 pm In Reply to: Onevoicedata - Typer

While they don't use a VDI per se like N does, they do require you to remove your personal antivirus in favor of theirs. It takes 3 to 5 hours to install depending on your system and internet speed. They do not tell you this up front. They tell you when they send the paperwork. It is mandatory.

They use an antivirus program that does this (I removed the name of the program):

File Antivirus: Enables real-time scanning of files on target devices.

Mail Antivirus: Enables real-time email scanning on target devices.
Real-time email scanning continuously monitors incoming and outgoing messages, checking for viruses in both the body of the message and any attached files and messages. Any detected viruses are removed.

Web Antivirus: Enables real-time scanning of web traffic, website URLs, and links on target devices on all HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols.

IM Antivirus: Enables real-time scanning of instant messaging applications, including ICQ, MSN® Messenger, AIM, Mail.Ru Agent, and IRC.

Network Attack Blocker: Enables the Network Attack Blocker that detects and adds attacking computers to the list of blocked devices for a specified period of time.

System Watcher: Enables the System Watcher utility that monitors application activity on target devices.

I did not feel comfortable with this program. When I told them that, they said okay, bye. That tells me a lot.

It is monitoring the user even after the person logs off, because if you shut off the antivirus, you lose your protection. This is worse than the monitoring N does on their VDI system. It also monitors your network, which can include your home network.

The keywords are real-time, which means every keystroke and click is monitored, possibly logged, if they choose. Too intrusive for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)