Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 56)

They are - all the same.

Posted: Nov 15th, 2019 - 3:56 pm In Reply to: OneVoice - Fluency

Why would this particular company need to use their own antivirus? Why can't you use your own as an IC?

There are plenty of companies out there that do not use a virtual desktop, which is essentially giving them access to your computer and total control, which to me means employee status. So, how about start there with OneVoiceData and ask why they need total control over your PC as an IC.

VDI is a broad term. It's not just for Nuance. It's for a lot of different programs. It's a way for a company to control your desktop at any time they please and monitor your use.

I will mention though that as an MT, you really should be using a dedicated computer for work especially if you use it as a tax write off. You're not supposed to intertwine the two for a lot of reasons, but one being HIPAA. I think this is something many companies let slide a lot of the time.

As far as telling people to shut up, which I read in this thread, that's just so "oh my" and abusive like a bully. How many times does someone need to be told by the "mothers" on this board to only speak kindly or not at all? LMAO!

We are a wild bunch here. OP: You get what you get when you post here! Take it or leave it. It's like watching a bar fight sometimes. We need bouncers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)