Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

onevoicedata - Anne

Posted: Nov 14th, 2019 - 5:31 pm In Reply to: No problem s/m - Anon

I applied with them and was offered a contract. I asked specifically if there was VDI, and they said no.

My take is they are monitoring your computer because they don't want what happened to Nuance happening to them.

Here's something to consider. I already had a version of Fluency on my hard drive. I asked if I could just use that one to do the work. They said that wouldn't work because they have a proprietary version of Fluency. That made sense. They also told me if they loaded their Fluency on my computer, it would wipe out my Fluency. Yikes. I don't think anything is sinister. They seem very honest and candid. What would have been terrible is if they loaded their program, and then I discovered it had wiped out my program.

They seemed very informed on how everything works. Anyway, I just happened to have an extra computer floating around. Actually, I had bought it to do VDI last year, and decided I didn't want to. They said the extra computer I had would work. It's a very basic computer that cost me $125 on sale at Office Depot. I'm going to get me a $50 computer table at IKEA this weekend, and that will be my investment in this job.

I really think having a dedicated computer is the way to go for this sort of thing. I know it costs a little $$, but I think it's well worth it for the peace of mind. I bet you could buy a computer on eBay or Craig's list for something like $50.

I don't think it's a matter of anyone trying to do anything malicious. It's just programs interfere with each other sometimes. Please don't get angry when I say this, but I don't blame services one bit for being heavy handed with the virus protection, etc. If they get compromised, they could lose their entire business. And if I'm on my dedicated computer, I invite them to look at every keystroke I make. They would undoubtedly be very bored. :)

I'll tell you what I liked about them. I was e-mailing them back and forth about whether my computer was suitable. They answered my e-mails promptly and they seemed to know what they were talking about. I think I was a little bit of a pest, and they seemed very good natured and patient.

I think there is 5 or 6 hours of unpaid training, and while I'm not thrilled with that, I feel fortunate to have training. I think I would rather go to training than be given written documentation and have to figure it out. They seem to have a lot of work, and that's a plus. I've used Fluency for years, so I won't have a learning curve with that.

I know we've all been whacked over the years, but I'm going to go into this with a positive attitude like its 1999!!

I just got my real estate license, so I'm trying to develop that business also. I know $0.045 isn't great, but it will pay the bills. :)

I'll try to check back and update how it's going. Hopefully, I'll have good news.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)