Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It looks like - nineteen dislikes (sm)

Posted: Nov 16th, 2019 - 11:51 am In Reply to: I think someone asks this question every week - and

There's a reason obviously for that. I would have to come to the conclusion that this company's computer requirements are not within reach for most MTs unless you're a new MT just starting out and already have a PC running i3 core and have 6 or 8 GB, etc. Look up the price of those computers; they are not cheap.

With that being said, as an IC, I certainly do not want their antivirus protection nor would I want their monitoring system or Fluency platform that could possibly poke around and/or screw something up on something I have to pay for and all for a piddly 4.5 cpl with a possible bonus (probably would never get it either due to not enough lines reached, out of work, quality issues).

As far as no one works there, I mean, I haven't seen a post yet where someone does, so I guess they either don't come to this board or they are not willing to share current information on this company.

Another idea, maybe, just maybe is this company is looking for the Nuance clone MTs to jump ship and head on over to Fluency. Obviously, Aquity is playing into this somehow.

When a company tells you their program will override your program, that's pretty obvious, they want control of your system. That, in a nutshell, is a VDI type of work environment. I'd pretty much bet that's exactly what it is especially with those computer specs.

Just sayin'...

P/S: VDI currently for Nuance requires 8GB or they won't install it. That's the scoop on Nuance. At one point, they said 6 GB was okay, so now the MTs hired on at Nuance companies are looking for more memory. When will it end?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)