Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Well wouldn't it be nice if hospitals operated at that schedule - anon2

Posted: Oct 21st, 2019 - 9:39 am In Reply to: Some people only want to work M-F because - sm

Last I remember hospitals operated 24/7/365. They don't operate 9-5 Monday through Friday. Guess what? I had kids too which I was raising as a single parent when I first started out in MT. I still would manage to put a couple of hours in on the weekends and holidays after their respective activities.

People gripe and complain about the fact that MTSOs even want some kind of schedule from IC's. Well, a LOT of that is because of the coverage that is needed. Luckily, none of my jobs REQUIRE weekend coverage as an IC, so I may or may NOT work weekends or holidays. I figure after being in this business as long as I have, there are others who can step up to the plate and do their fair share.

I see people moan and complain about the fact that there is no work available. Well, if you're an IC, then adjust your schedule accordingly. If there is no work available on one of my accounts, I work on another account until work is available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)