Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Because everybody listened to the computer - geeks

Posted: Mar 7th, 2019 - 3:21 pm In Reply to: Voice Recognition - LAWest

who are in LOVE with technology and are raking in the big bucks and are around 12 years old. :D

The truth is editing ISN'T easier (like one Indian-owned company is telling everyone - it's on their webpage) than transcribing.

Remember, if you've ever worked on site, that when you were stumped and needed a "fresh pair of ears" the #1 No-No was to say what you thought it was because it would prejudice the new listener and that would be all they would hear? Whoever would have thought that my time at THAT hospital would be the Good Ole Days?

How that breaks down is back when you were first out of the womb and starting to develop your brain pathways from your input devices (like that computer jargon?) like your ears, eyes, tactile senses, and let's not forget balance and spatial orientation, proprioception, etc., if you could see fairly well your eyes became your dominant go-to fav for your brain. So, what your eyes see will process faster than what your ears hear and may trick your ears. No, editing can be harder and is most assuredly harder because the jobs you get with VR are the ones that fail and NEED a human to figure it out which USUALLY requires slowing down (or standstill) to look up old records to figure out what is going on with the patient or what this doc usually says.

But I've been looking for different remote jobs for general and it sucks, too. If it pays .75 per audio, given the rate of speed, # of dictators TALKING OVER one another, it comes out to .04 a 65-char line with spaces. Lovely, and that is going to put you at less than minimum.

If you're a remote transcriptionist, you're not going to catch a break. Some MTs are banking working on site but it's always somewhere else.

I'm in a funk today. Sorry. Just did the math on my new job that was supposed to take me away from VDI, horrible dictators that everyone else in the group asks for more money to type and not to type them for very long - but lucky me, it's my main/only account. I make about 3 dollars an hour but I look stuff up and let me tell you when I find reports with errors or 22+ blanks in them (1-1/2 pages only) I'm livid.

I'm going to apply to Lifebushido for a virtual assistant job and Rev for first transcription (for no money) and hopefully to get to captioning and synching with the videos. Just have to take the tests.

And speaking of testing, I just love it when you're testing and they send you a sample to get the formatting and there are HORRIBLE errors in the formatting.

Like, are you sitting down? Of course you are, you're at your desk, where ELSE could we be? I swear I saw TWICE higher cortisone in a document instead of hydrocortisone. HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. And these people are worried about me being good enough. Of course, I did NOT mention the errors or the :vacinity" in a doc on the website after I got hired. OMG. I should be thankful their standards are so low, as low as their pay.

Arrggghhhhh! Calgon can't fix this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)