Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Question About Making Money With Voice Recognition - Please Do Not Kill The Messenger

Posted: Nov 29th, 2018 - 7:38 pm

Before I start this, I want to say I'm sure I will cause some major upset and quite a few dislikes on my post. I can live with that but I am going to ask my question anyway!

I am looking to do some part time transcription to earn extra money. I realize this field is NOT what it was when I started umpteen years ago.  I know everything is pretty much VR rather than straight typing. So I am curious whether anyone has any suggestions and tips on how to make money doing VR work.  I get frustrated with it because I always think "I could type this faster" and looking for all the little mistakes (omitted words, etc) gets tiring. But I know there are some of you who do well with it and I would love to know how!

At 3.5 cpl I know I have to do at least 225 lph to make even minimum wage (which really stinks).  I've had a few people tell me they just "touch and go" - one person explained that by saying on the reports with good dictators that VR has a handle on, all they do is read through, fix obvious errors, listen to questionable spots and send the document on. That makes me nervous but she swears it's the only way she can make money. 

I want to hear what y'all do to make money - or is it even possible to do at all??

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)