Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

What I did - with SR

Posted: Nov 30th, 2018 - 7:00 pm In Reply to: Question About Making Money With Voice Recognition - Please Do Not Kill The Messenger

Put the speed up as fast as the dictator's speech will allow.
Have a really really good text expander list.
Read ahead while listening as much as possible, especially during the silent periods during the dictation.
use shortcuts as much as possible for fixing spacing and punctuation errors. IT does this very well, using commands to do things like add a period and a space and capitalize the next word.
Use automatic features on the text software as much as you can. For example, auto numbering lists and setting up auto outlining.
Do not ever go back and proofread. That is a complete waste of time and the errors you find will not make up for the time you take.

Using these methods, I averaged 400 plus LPH on VBC line counting and on a really good draft text, I could do over 600 LPH.

I am now retired from MT so the stress is off for me. I wish you luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)