Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I once had a manager tell me to not spend time on reports - Unbelievable

Posted: Nov 30th, 2018 - 9:14 am In Reply to: Question About Making Money With Voice Recognition - Please Do Not Kill The Messenger

When I was working for the big N, I had a manager that was trying to help me get my line count up. He told me that I was "too careful" and that I needed to move quicker through reports. He said that what I needed to do was turn the speed up as far as I was comfortable, and let it play while I read ahead. If I saw something I wasn't sure of, to check with audio, but otherwise just hurry. He said he was told by his higher ups to encourage MTs to move as quickly as possible through the reports to make things look good and keep documents in TAT. I was astounded he was telling me that and questioned him about it. He said that was the best way he knew to keep my line count up and not get let go due to poor performance. I asked him what about my quality. He said that the QAs (at that time) were being told the same thing so for me, the more I was able to move through, even if I had a bad QA here or there, my volume would absorb it. Several years later, I'm still shaking my head over that advice, but when I saw other folks keeping their jobs and saying how much money they made, I wondered if it truly was what folks were doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)