Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Retirement prohibits work - Wizened MT

Posted: Nov 15th, 2018 - 1:28 pm In Reply to: Yes, I have no choice but to cut corners to survive. - SM

I was hoping to retire at 62 as well, until I learned that if take early retirement you are not permitted to work more than one or two hours a week (what it works out to for me, anyway) to supplement your Social Security. With the amount you get at 62 close to 30% reduced from what you get at 65, for my age group, that is still not enough to live on. The longer you wait to retire the more your monthly benefit goes up, and the more hours you can work to supplement it.

So, before you plan to kick back at 62, please find out all the details from your local SSA office to be sure you can survive on the peanuts they give back to you on early retirement. They make it very hard for average working people to retire early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)