Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yes, I have no choice but to cut corners to survive. - SM

Posted: Nov 14th, 2018 - 11:19 am In Reply to: As MTSOs continue to find ways to cut MT pay ... - sm

A job that's so unstable, for whatever reason could lose the account or the job at any time without warning. But I'm lucky to have at least the job I have now.

Years ago already many of us lost our cushy in-house hospital jobs and it's been pretty much on the way downhill ever since.

But, due to life circumstances, I cant really get a job out of the house. I've looked for things until I'm exhausted. Obviously, currently no clothes to go interview or money to buy them. I'd have to cut expenses to buy an interview outfit even at Goodwill.

FYI: Zip Recruiter sucks, as well as usa.recruit.net. Most of the content is taken from Indeed or other sites and usually only get automated bot responses to your resumes.

Most out of home jobs would put me in a little bit worse financial situation than I am now. Unless I got something temporary to build up current experience for a resume - which I'm considering.

No car. Can't really get one on these wages, along with bad credit. It's well around $600 a month low estimate for cabs or Uber rides to work outside the home, so that negates almost any extra money I'd earn.

Can't afford to buy any health insurance so am on Medicaid, and have to keep under their income limits to be eligible. That alone is a huge restriction at $1306 a month income.

I pretty much make enough for rent, groceries, and the basics and that's what I live on. I could save a little money on rent and live in a lower income part of town if I had to. I prefer to live at least decently and cut expenses elsewhere.

If I get another MT job at these low wages it's not really much extra and it does kick me off medicaid that I need. But, I'm trying to plan ahead for that by getting thru the winter illness season and hanging on until spring.

My plan is to scrimp and scrounge enough money to get a newer, updated computer so I can try for any kind of online jobs OUT OF MT. I'm already getting started with PCs for People group to try to get a new one, as well as in touch with a local computer person who is going to point me in the direction of a computer that will be suitable for online jobs.

That's pretty much the choices I have. I'm holding out 3 more years until age 62, file for early retirement but continue working part-time to make enough money to live on. At least if I had retirement income but lost a job I wouldn't be destitute and on the street by the end of the month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)