Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

As MTSOs continue to find ways to cut MT pay ... - sm

Posted: Nov 14th, 2018 - 9:39 am

I, the MT, find ways to maintain my pay.  I'm doing the exact job I was doing 10, 20 years ago, yet not the same money.  Who works for 20 years at the same job and makes less money 20 years later?  MTs.

This being said, I find myself not researching doc names, slurred words, sloppy dictations, spend as little time on demographics as possible, etc.  

I send more to QA now as a result.

Does anyone find themselves cutting corners to maintain your same, or, at a minimum, livable wage? 

Why is our pay going down?  MTSOs cannot hire anyone to do this job even if the voice rec is perfect.  The MT still must be medically knowledgeable, fast, and have the same grammar/punctuation skills as before.   

Yes, I find myself at the end of the road with MT like so many others.  If I can't maintain my livable wage then I will leave.  There are lots of jobs available now so I'm not as worried as in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)