Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

Because... - see msg

Posted: Sep 22nd, 2018 - 12:47 pm In Reply to: Why not help? - MT4yrs

I don't have a problem helping new MTs (to a point) who are on the job and have done research, but helping with a school question or employment test question, I certainly do have a problem with it.

SCHOOL: You are there to be guided by your instructor on your tests/assessments/assignments. How on earth are you going to learn? You aren't in the class to just get a good enough grade to graduate--you are there to LEARN. Doing the in-the-trenches research is part of the learning process, and is far more effective to that process than someone giving you an answer.

EMPLOYMENT TESTS: Kind of ditto. Do you really just want to pass the test, then get on the job and be clueless??

NEW WORKING MTs: It's hard to know if that new MT did their research, but I try to give them the benefit of the doubt if it's a tough word. If a new working MT, though, asks what "TMs are clear" means, then I know they didn't do the research in school or on the employment test.

THAT is why it's not okay with test questions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)