Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Cannot believe online schools still offer MT training - sm

Posted: Aug 19th, 2018 - 8:26 am In Reply to: Was thinking about MT career, now . . . - Rigel

They all know full well the state the industry in and what has happened to us.

You are right to reconsider. Wish I had a better option but I'm in my 50s and looking at backup plans myself and the options seem very limited, especially if I don't want to waste a lot of long years of cumulative medical knowledge.

But with RN experience, one avenue you might consider is consulting for insurance companies, or even transcribing for them. Some of them do use transcription services and you could maybe look for an inexpensive basic general transcription course and/or just apply on your own. I would think being an RN would open a few doors. Similarly, I have heard the law firms that specialize in medical claims sometimes utilize experienced RNs.

Transcription is not a good way to go now. The overall pay and working conditions are ridiculously poor for the amount of professional skill it requires to do this type of work.

Some say decent opportunities are still out there, but the problem is they are few and far between and there is no real method, besides trial and error or word of mouth, for finding them. The vast majority of the time, MT work is now highly stressful and poorly paid.

The online schools should be ashamed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)