Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No, no, please don't. - sm

Posted: Aug 19th, 2018 - 11:19 am In Reply to: Was thinking about MT career, now . . . - Rigel

This is a dead career and has zero future. Mass layoffs due to many reasons - EHR, use of in-office and online scribes, voice recognition.

The far distant future for medical documentation is AI. Docs will simply give commands to a computer and it will do as it's told.

For now, though, actual typing is a useless skill. Voice rec editing is what is used mostly, but it's very low pay, IC positions mostly, no benefits, no paid anything.

I entered the field 20 years ago and it was on the decline then. Now it's dead and myself, in my 50s, am holding on by a thread. There's no advancement, no raises, and just feels hopeless.

Don't enter this field. Anything now that is repetitive or production based can be replaced by technology. Seek a field where you can't be replaced by technology.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)