Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

re: poor baby - another MT

Posted: Aug 10th, 2018 - 6:35 pm In Reply to: ONLY $10 an hour - poor baby! - anon

I only made $10 plus change because of the state I live in and the minimum wage law...after working years and years as an MT for some nationally known great hospitals and clinics. It's the nature of the beast. I am now working for a very small private company as an IC with very few dictators and my hourly wage isn't great (10-12 by line count as a start), but I LOVE it. I'm back working in a hospital environment with very few dictators allotted to me, and I am just so happy to be there. I am also in contact daily with the operations manager, and the QA personnel lets me know immediately when I leave a blank. If $10 per hour is what is offered and accepted, it's $10 an hour more than nothing...and feeling like you are contributing to the overall well-being of a patient is great. That's my personal opinion. I can't emotionally and financially sit around and beat the dead horse about what we are all worth (which we all know is far greater than $10/hour) and what's available to us (which is pennies) I need to move on.

And to all of those who will dislike this post, please, let me know WHY it's disliked. I'm curious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)