Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 42)

I Quit MT - see msg

Posted: Aug 10th, 2018 - 1:50 pm In Reply to: FIRED/LAID OFF MTs.... Where are you now? - Former MT

I quit the evil sister named M and MT completely. I was 58 at the time, and I needed a bridge until I qualified for SS Retirement Benefits. I simply got a job in a mom and pop used car place, answering phones and greeting customers. It only paid $10 an hour, but my hubby had a good enough job, and it got me through until SS kicked in when I turned 62.

Had I been more aggressive, I may have found something that paid more, but I was just on coast mode until retirement. Having had such bad stress in this field, I just wanted something easy

We're all in different situations, so you have to tailor what works for you. Honestly, if I was in my 30s or 40s when it all went bad, I'd have gone for some sort of tech training (mammo, respiratory therapist, x-ray tech, etc.). If I was in my 20s? Probably a nursing program or other degree program where there was good outlook for the career.

Only YOU can make this work!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)