Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Fired/Laid - Off MTs

Posted: Aug 10th, 2018 - 10:54 am In Reply to: LOL - Former MT

Congratulations!! Glad you were able to get out.

I applied to my local high school around 2008 (back when the economy tanked), but after wasting my time and effort applying and interviewing (and the stress of having 6 people, when used to 1, staring at me and asking questions) I found out they already had an inside person lined up for the job. I was fortunate in that I only live about 1 mile from the school, but I felt really bad for people who were probably desperate for a job that drove many miles for an unavailable job. I despise how things are done like that. At that time, people didn't have the gas to waste driving miles for basically nothing. I also tried for a job at our elementary school, but was told I was overqualified for the position.

I applied for an ER clerk position at the hospital I left to work for MM, where the CFO was begging me not to leave, and didn't get the job. Guess I failed their new assessment test (what a joke). I live in a rural 1 stop light town, so no medical opportunities here. Will have to drive 20-45 minutes to get to the nearest towns that might have something I would qualify for.

Anyway, congratulations and thanks for sharing that there is life after being an MT and working for MM, N, etc.!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)