Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: OVER.. (Views: 56)

Suggestion - sm

Posted: May 6th, 2018 - 9:42 am In Reply to: Query - MT

The part about HIPAA is actually an extremely good point and I would strongly suggest the poster edit to change age, sex of patient, and general location, and make a note that it has been edited. It is important to remove even the slightest possibility of a violation with anyone mistaking or recognizing the situation as specifically theirs.

Reaching out to the family would be an enormous HIPAA violation but I did not get the impression the poster was saying she would ever do that, just that it made her sad enough that she wished she could, and that is a normal thing to feel if you are a caring person typing reports dealing with tragic circumstances. Never in a million years would we do it. It's just compassion and empathy. We are human too and these stories affect us. As long as they did not recognize the details as specifically theirs, I can't imagine anyone with be offended finding out the transcriptionists are saddened by these tragedies too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)