Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

e-mails - former student/grad

Posted: Mar 22nd, 2018 - 9:35 am In Reply to: emails - Astudent

Have you gotten to Module IV yet? Well, that is a whole different world than Module III. The email system could be "tweaked" better. I understand the need to document all questions as different students have different versions of textbooks, are in different modules, etc., and one needs to be respectful when rebutting or querying the reason they think they are right on a code, but not because Andrews will be contacted by future employers about your emails. Whenever I get QA feedback and I feel it is wrong, I always rebut and back it up with resources/references and 99% of the time I get credit for why I used a certain code, etc. A lot of the email feedback is just an answer with an explanation that has been copied from the source, not an in-depth explanation from the instructor. Each instructor is different. Some don't mind explaining the reasoning behind the code and some just copy a bunch of guidelines that the student already knows. Anyway, I wasn't impressed with Module 4. I could have just bought the textbook and read it myself and learned it. That is mainly what Andrews is, a self-guided learning system, and I didn't pay for this. There needs to be webinars, open question and answer sessions, illustrations and access to instructors. That is how we do it at my job and the learning environment is wonderful. Andrews is a good school and is thorough but needs to broaden its ability to interact with students more and not be so harsh on other education systems that teach coding either. I know a lot of people that went through Career Step, CCO, and other schools and did very well on their CPC and CCS tests...I graduated from Andrews feeling like I still didn't "learn" a whole lot, even though I passed my CCS and CPC...especially in Module 4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)