Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

IMO Andrews is not worth the price tag - Here is Why

Posted: Mar 20th, 2018 - 11:04 pm In Reply to: Andrews versus AAPC - constructive answers please

You will often read that Andrews is great because they use professional coding texts. This might seem good, but it actually is not. For example, if you were to study chemistry, you would not be given the books that professional chemists use. You are given textbooks especially designed for learning the complex field of chemistry. Then when you have mastered the subject you get the books professionals use. IMO this is how it should work for learning coding.

In addition, maybe things have changed since I was there, but I found Andrews program was cumbersome to use in many ways. For example all emails had to be sent to the student coordinator who then sent questions to the instructor who then sends them back to the coordinator who finally then sends them to you. I never knew my instructors' last names or email addresses, which seems a little weird. Also all emails were supposed to include what texts you are using and a subject line with your full name, course you are taking, module and section you were in, and subject of email. All this stuff takes time to enter. The whole process makes email rather impersonal.

Also, the overall attitude towards students was condescending, which to me is totally unacceptable for an adult learning program. If a student complained about something like the slow response to emails or errors in the answer keys, they were met with something along the lines of "That's how it'll be on the job." What the people at Andrews fail to grasp is that students are paying for the course, not getting paid, and should not have to put up with these aggravations on top of the significant task of learning a difficult field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)