Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Abbreviations and VR - LongtimeMT

Posted: Dec 7th, 2017 - 10:43 am

I realize there are way bigger problems...but I have just had to de-expand alkaline phosphatase for the thousandth time and I have to say it is really annoying that VR types alkaline phosphatase when the dictator says alk phos, but what really bugs me is we used to consider the abbreviated forms similar to slang and we expanded them!!  Apparently now, just because the BOS says it's OK to use the short/slang version, we have to leave it.  So I am typing things like "satting" which I hate, and worse, VR expands satting to saturating so I have to actually change saturating to satting a hundred times a day, which just really bugs me.  I am so used to expanding those terms and now I have had to create expansions to unexpand them!  And these are things that the docs used to think they could say because we always expanded them.  Right?  They must think we've all lost our minds.  And you would think if we wanted to go to the trouble of expanding them, or just left them expanded on a nonverbatim account, it would be considered a nice gesture, but instead it comes up as negative feedback on audits!!  So fine, if that's the way they want it.  But at the very least, someone needs to make VR stop expanding abbreviated terms/slang if we now have to leave it that way.  It is twice as much work for us to have to change it back all day long.  OK, thank you for listening to my vent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)