Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Hospital MT - Two sides to every story

Posted: Nov 19th, 2017 - 11:09 am In Reply to: Hospital MT - Sm

To the person whose facility does not use Dragon, what are you using? My facility has a few holdouts who straight dictate, but they are really steering the new practitioners and everyone else toward Dragon. I’m not the same person, but I tend to agree with the OP, and regrettably I think it’s been over for quite a while. In my region, on-site jobs are non-existent and it’s no secret what is happening to salaries for those who work at home. I’ve also seen VR quality improve; it’s not perfect but much better than it was even a couple of years ago. I guess some people made 60K doing MT as the OP said, but I’ve known some amazing MTs and never knew anyone who came close to that. I’m not trolling, but I see both sides of the coin. If the facilities you work for still use traditional dictation, you are lucky, it’s rare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)