Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 34)

Pure Gold - Two sides to every story

Posted: Nov 19th, 2017 - 6:30 pm In Reply to: The 90s & 00s were PURE GOLD! - GoldminingMT

I started my first MT job in 1973 in a paid internship in 1973 for $2.00 an hour, I think the minimum wage then was $1.50 an hour. At the time of laying us off and closing MT at my last job, the salary range was probably mid 40K to 50K, if anyone made 60K I wasn’t aware of it but that was really good pay but straight production and looking back it was pretty stressful. Yes back in the 90s they were offering incentives and it was difficult to find good people. We’re rural so the talent pool ran dry. We rode that gravy train but with so many senior employees the salaries and benefits must have been a huge expense so I can also see it from management’s point of view, it just got too expensive, especially when the work could be outsourced for less. I took a big paycut when I had to change jobs but still made more money than most people in my department, it’s whatever the market will bear, a person doesn’t appreciate what they have until it’s gone, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)