Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

PRE high speed internet and Bush initiative - for the record

Posted: Nov 20th, 2017 - 7:54 am In Reply to: PRE ObamaCare, I might add. nm - GoldminingMT

I did not have high speed internet to allow a work-from-home job until 2006. Obamacare was not implemented until 2014.

However, in 2004 per Healthcare IT NewsApril 26, 2004 12:00 AM:
WASHINGTON – President George W. Bush continued to demonstrate his commitment to improving the nation's healthcare information technology today, calling for widespread adoption of electronic health records in 10 years, doubling funding to $100 million for demonstration projects on healthcare IT, and creating a new sub-Cabinet position of National Health Information Coordinator.

I, however, have benefited from Obamacare by qualifying for subsidized health care which allowed me to change employers because I was not forced to stay with an employer who offered terrible health insurance.

I believe the addition of all the people who were added to the health care system in 2014 delayed the demise of medical transcription. If our country could adopt universal Medicare for all, I believe medical record/transcription/health information jobs would continue to be there into the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)