Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Bankruptcy and MT - MT1969

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2017 - 11:29 am

The other day I spoke to a lawyer to find out about Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 because of transcription paycut and layoff, etc.  He was confused because he had just taken a call from another medical transcriptionist that very same day with the same question. He thought a joke was being pulled on him. I told him the joke is on us actually, a very cruel joke. He suggested that laywers are very expensive and before contacting him I work very hard, save a lot of money. That made me even more depressed. WTH. This was a lawyer with a payment plan too. Talk about bottom of the barrel. I used to believe there was good and that good wins out but I am starting to doubt that. I wonder if we will see justice in our lifetimes. And please don't say I should get a job in a different field. With 30 years' of experience, everyone is rejecting me on applications for job outside the field. My son got a job as a cashier and I couldn't get the very same job.  Anyone having to talk to a lawyer, having to do the same thing I am doing.. I really hope you don't get the same response I did. And this was after talking to 2 other lawyers. Have a good day all. I am indeed at the bottom of my barrel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)