Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

This is true, but depends on the month of your birth - MT

Posted: Aug 9th, 2017 - 10:50 am In Reply to: Soc Sec Rules - ExMT

The $40,000 (approximate, but at least $40,000) limit occurs in the year you become full retirement age. If you recently turned 65, this age is likely 66. If your 66th birthday is not until 2018, then the $40,000 limit is next year. For instance, if your 66th birthday is in July 2018, you can earn the $40,000 (approximately) between January 1 and July 1 before SS reduces your benefit by $1 for every $3 you earn over the limit. After you reach 66, there is no limit on your income, no social security deductions from your benefit total. If you recently turned 65, then you are correct in that the limit of $15,700 (Not sure of exact number) does apply for the rest of this year, and you lose $1 in benefits for every $2 earned over the limit.

I was told, if I have any stock market profit (I wish) or inheritance, this money is not counted as earned income.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)