Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Hey, OMs who are also disgusted by Nuance - and the part OMs played in this

Posted: Aug 8th, 2017 - 6:56 pm In Reply to: Sink or Swim - gramd

By force, presumably.

I have to hope that some of you are disgusted that is?

Here's your chance, OMs! He says:

"One big thing I am missing is anyone in management willing to speak on or off the record on this issue. It has been a stonewall. If you know of anyone please let me know."

On or OFF THE RECORD! You hold the key, OMs, we all know you stopped requesting help (extra pay help that is), stopped being on our side (not that you weren't, but you obviously were told to be noncomittal, even if you were not told the reason why - that we would all be stiffed, that is).

Please take this opportunity to talk to this excellent reporter off the record if necessary and help him (and us) out.

I have to confess I never thought any article would get written. The fact that this one did, and is so good, surprises and delights me. Having said that, something tells me Texas is not a worker's rights state, am I right? But public radio is a good place to find sympathetic ears.

We need to bring this knowledge national, and Paul seems willing to keep on pursuing it and helping us. Please consider, OMs!

Oh, Paul: "I would be interested in doing something on how remote workers organize themselves without the company knowing..."

We all know the answer to that, we simply don't. Moan and commiserate,yes. Do anything about it, no. That's why just 8 years ago I made $20+ per hour for this skilled job, and now I am lucky to make $12-13 an hour. The deregulation of the labor market has resulted in many jobs being underpaid, not just us, but our remote status makes it that much harder.

Thanks, Paul!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)