Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Sink or Swim - I am not responding

Posted: Aug 8th, 2017 - 8:45 pm In Reply to: Sink or Swim - gramd

Because I technically was not hurt by this event. How is this possible, you ask? Well, when I turned 62, I started drawing my social security. Those first few years, believe it or not, I was able to work full-time and get SS and get away with doing both. In my situation, as long as I did not make over 15 thou a year, that was just fine. But, the last couple of years, I have gone over and then had to "pay it back," meaning going months and months without any SS. That is hurtful! This year I was determined not to let that happen. I even went part-time after my 65th birthday this year. Alas, when I checked ADP this morning, I have made 14 plus thousand already and have a paycheck coming next week. Time to quit. The rest of this year will not be fun, doing without my paycheck, but it was becoming less and less anyway. And I am like the rest of you in that I did not get the big bonus, not being able to work 5 straight days in a row without down time. Yes, that is unfair, but I technically did not meet the criteria. I sympathize and empathize with all of you. I will continue to follow the forum and wish for the best outcome for us all. I have been advised to find a job that pays "under the table," but that just seems wrong to me. Anyway, the ensuing months should prove to be VEEEERY INTERESTING.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)