Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Where has all of the VA work gone?.. (Views: 62)

I think part of it may be due to all the deleting we have to do. sm - Lexi

Posted: Aug 4th, 2017 - 9:18 am In Reply to: Line counts - Stressing

I have a lot of residents. As of July, we got the usual annual newly hatched group of residents and they redictate A LOT, sometimes a whole paragraph that you edited along the way, and then they say, oh, wait, let's do that last paragraph over. We edited it, and then as we deleted it, we didn't get paid for it. I actually had a dictator dictate nearly an entire report, then say, oh, wait, that was the wrong patient, I need to start over, delete that, and then went on and dictated the correct information in the same job. I was very tempted to split the job and send both parts through.

Pay attention over the next few days and see if you're deleting a lot of text. I think that keeps your hourly line count up, but the actual lines you're paid for are only what shows up in the final document.

Again, I'm not certain if this might be the reason, but it's what somebody told me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)