Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

More info for Lucy - anon

Posted: Jun 27th, 2017 - 9:15 pm In Reply to: A to Z medical transcription course - Lucy

Lucy, all the bad stuff is really true, and there is more bad stuff than good stuff. Someone used the word "oppressed" in a post somewhere on this board to describe us, and it really hit home. We are an oppressed bunch, no doubt about it. And 2K is a lot of money, especially when you make 5K a year, which is what I made last year. Over fifteen years ago, I was making 30K as a newbie, sitting at home in my sweats, not a penny spent on gas or clothes.

That being said, I wonder what Career Step and all the other MT training courses are charging now. Before I paid for Deborah's course all those years ago, I attended other seminars and I remember very clearly that $1500 was the average tuition. The night I went to Deborah's seminar, the cost was $800. However, if you bought the course that night, by the end of the seminar, the cost was half price. I was laid up from a huge surgery at the time, and it didn't take me ten seconds to make the decision. I thought if losing $400 was the worst that could happen, I would handle it. So I ended up getting a tremendous value for the money I spent (not that it's doing me any good at the moment) but still, I made a good living for a lot of years from that $400.00.

Only you can determine your personal situation and whether or not the current price is a viable investment for you. I would still shop around and compare costs and value. As you have already seen, there just won't be much in the way of encouragement on this board because we are all too decimated by the continuing downturn, but I wish you the best on your journey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)