Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Not sure why the negative comments - sm

Posted: Jun 27th, 2017 - 4:25 pm In Reply to: 2000ish. Are you serious. As a nurse, have you - memorized the BOS 3rd edition

She did not say she thought she could jump right in with no MT training, which is a pet peeve in the MT field since it is that attitude, that MT work is easy, that helped drive our wages down, when we all know it is anything but.

I think it is great if you are willing to take a course to learn the field, and I am sure the terminology and anatomy, etc., will help you tremendously.

A lot of us mean well and can't help trying to warn people away from a field that seems harder and harder to make a living in, with so much being offshored out from under us, and it seems like the rest going to EPIC or Voice Recognition, though they still need us as editors for VR, which in some ways requires even more skill, all of which has resulted in a huge cut in pay over the past decade.

I do not know about your particular course but I took a correspondence course 18 years ago and it was fine. I would warn anyone away from too high an investment in this, but if the tuition is reasonable, go for it. : ) Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)