Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Pay per line, it matters how doctors dictate and platform used - lynlou

Posted: Oct 6th, 2016 - 6:31 am In Reply to: The highest... - LMT

I agree that the pay per line being good or not depends on the quality of dictation provided by the doctors and the platform being easy to use. In my opinion, the quality of dictation is often lacking. It is also unrealistic to think that you would type 2000 lines per day every day with straight typing - no VR. That would be working a full eight hours. What about breaks, meal time? Too many variables in transcription to say what you can make exactly in a pay period when paid on production. If you make always the same thing or close, you make it happen by working more hours as needed depending on the crap shoot of work you get. It is not always bad, but let's face it some days with bad dictations really hurt production pay. There are some very bad accounts out there. On those accounts, even at 13 or 14 cents a line, you would not do well. Somebody has to do the difficult work. The difficult work being paid the same as the easy work is another big problem in MT.

I have a hard time with MTSOs only charging 12 cents a line for their work. That does not leave enough meat on the bone to pay MTs a decent rate. It would not be worthwhile, in my opinion, to do this. Might as well find another line of work if that is the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)