Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

You know, like when a dictator is a lazy/sloppy talker or can barely speak English - pr

Posted: Sep 13th, 2016 - 8:44 pm In Reply to: The work type one maybe - the missing a word how?

You know, like when a dictator is sloppy/lazy or can barely speak English and some of those little in-between words get swallowed up. If I miss something stupid like that, I make a note to make sure I'm not slipping into autopilot for those dictators. 
I check my work types and demos several times too, but due to being a human occasionally one will still get through wrong, and I'll know I need to pay better attention to it. This is mostly just an issue on accounts that have several work types where the content and format are almost identical. H&P/short-stay summary, clinic note/OP consult, etc.
I don't really appreciate being called a glutton for punishment just because I'm fine with FIESA. I came from a company where we got audited once to twice a year at most but were expected to maintain above 99.5%, and I would spend DAYS before each audit feeling ill and anxious because there was so much pressure on that audit. Yeah, I'd rather be audited every week so that I know where I stand quality-wise and can monitor whether my attention and quality are slipping or whether there's a quirk of a particular dictator or work type that I need to watch out for. I'm sorry I don't feel like I'm being punished?

... and some of those little in-between words get swallowed up. If I miss something stupid like that, then I remind myself to make sure I'm not slipping into autopilot for those dictators. Yes, it helps me.

I check my work types and demos several times too, but occasionally one will still get through wrong. It's generally just an issue on accounts that have several work types that can be easily mixed up, especially if the dictator doesn't even know what WT they're dictating. Slipping into autopilot mode and missing the often subtle difference between an outpatient office visit and an outpatient consult is a thing that happens sometimes. I like to know ASAP when it does happen so that I can shake the cobwebs out of my head and pay better attention before I get another ding for the same thing.

I don't really appreciate being called a glutton for punishment just because I'm fine with FIESA. I came to N from a truly abusive company where, in addition to a laundry list of other terrible things, we got audited no more than once to twice a year but were expected to maintain above 99.5%, and I would spend DAYS before each audit feeling ill and anxious because there was so much pressure on that audit. Yeah, I'd rather be audited every week so that I know where I stand quality-wise and can monitor whether my attention and quality are slipping or whether there's a quirk of a particular dictator or work type that I need to watch out for. I'm sorry I don't feel like I'm being punished?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)