Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

As a Subcontractor you can still bill the MTSO for yourtime - Retired MT

Posted: Jun 29th, 2016 - 6:19 pm In Reply to: If you work for MTSO, not the facility, you would have to bill MTSO, - not the doctor. nm

It just depends on you. Do you have the courage to stand up to people taking advantage of you?

Just tell the MTSO you expect to be paid for this at your usual rate for the time you spend on these reports. If they balk, tell them you will send the reports back unlistened to, and someone else can volunteer their time, but you are not going to do so.

Don't let them tell you that this volunteer time is included in your pittance of a compensation rate, tell them you were not told this was the case,nor was the length of time you were expected to do this.

Consider consulting your state's labor board and inform yourselves about what is legal and what is not.

I guess it is easy for me to say, because I do not need any client that badly, I'm retired, I charge a healthy line rate, considerably above far above what you are paid, the line rate you should be paid. I am perfectly willing to fire any client that tries to take advantage of me.

Funny thing is, though, I don't have to do so. I realize it may not be the same for you, but think about giving it a try. If you all don't start standing up and saying no to this, things will only get worse and worse, until MT industry will be like the home sweater knitting industry, which was finally abolished by the US Congress circa 1900.

Courage, young MTs, Courage. That is all I can say to you. You have to decide what to do for yourselves, of course.

Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)