Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: OVER.. (Views: 56)

HONEST FEEDBACK - PREVIOUS MT

Posted: Jun 28th, 2016 - 9:34 pm In Reply to: Does anyone have any current information on TMT - sm - JavaMT

I worked for TMT for several years. Sadly, I had to leave a year or so ago due to some changes in my family and the need for insurance, etc. I was forced to go with an employee position to obtain the benefits we needed. I still miss it. I don't think I'll ever find anyone so kind and caring to work for.

I started on the HIM side of the company and then moved to working on the radiology side of the company for a while to fill a void they had there. The crew on the radiology side of things was hateful, awful and very territorial......Not the company owner, but the MTs. Remember the movie Mean Girls? That was the radiology side of things. New MTs were not welcome, although they were not able to keep the work done within TAT without the help. They were jealous and, for lack of a better work, drama queens galore over there. It was miserable. Very miserable. To my knowledge, that side of the company has since been downsized due to the implementation of voice recognition editing, hence the sour grapes that have posted prior.

After some time on radiology, I went to working again for the HIM side, which is where I had originally started and what the current ad is posted for. It was peaceful once again. The crew was always helpful and friendly. No drama. No bullies. Everyone helped each other out and worked as a team. Yes, I received emails from time to time that were not sunshine and rainbows, but it's the real world and I'm an adult and I usually wore my big girl panties to work, so it wasn't anything outrageous or out of the ordinary in comparison to any other job out there.

My pay was always on time and accurate. I can't say I ever had any problems there and I think I was furthest away from where checks were sent from. I clearly wouldn't have stayed around for so long if I hadn't been being paid on time.

Dictators were a mixed bag, though they sometimes changed and some moved and new ones came in, etc. It was overall really good work with an occasional poor quality audio file and occasional really difficult dictator.....No different than any other MTSO I've worked for.

Back when I was there, part-time and p.r.n. MTs were pulled when work was really low because the owner was gracious enough to supply her full-time crew with full-time work before giving it to part-time and p.r.n. crew. I appreciated that very much, as did many other full-time team members. Usually the part-time or p.r.n. were those who had other jobs and didn't need the work, but did it for something extra when they had time or something of the sort, so they didn't depend on the steady full-time income.

As for recognition, the company owner gave credit where credit was due, though I haven't found any job yet where constant pats on the back and coddling is dished out regularly......or ever for that matter.

I have since kept in touch with the company owner. She will be a lifelong friend of mine. Because of my husband becoming disabled and no longer being able to carry our insurance benefits, I had to make the very difficult decision to part ways professionally, but if I ever get to a point that I can go back to IC status MT work, this is the only place I'd want to be and the only place I'd consider.

Best wishes to you on your job search. I would highly recommend TMT without any question or hesitation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)