Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Beware EZ Scribe in California - if you are a true IC

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2016 - 12:36 am

You will NOT be treated as a true IC. 

If you don't mind being tethered by your umbilicus to the owner by either phone or by email, that being an IC is irrelevant.

If your don't mind being threatened to have work taken away from you if your don't returne phone calls or emails immediately upon demand by the owner, then being an IC is irrevelant.

If you don't mind your ISP provider blocking your contact with the owner due as spam because of excessive emails (more than 30 emails in a single day), that being an IC is irrevelant.

If you are told by the owner of more than one MT who either refuses to be available at the owner's beck and call or who simply stops bothering to even look up basic questions before submitting work to the owner and just seems to "just not care"...if these are not warning flags...then being a true IC is irrevelant...all for 7 cpl, 7.5 cpl or even 8 cpl for work that avevages less than $12 an hour .... for whatever the reason, then fair warning to you.

I have every email and every voice mail and sent them to the California Dept of Labor.  Work was taken away because I was not available by phone when the owner decided I should be available (within 45 mins of when she called), and on more than one occasion was threatened with decrease in the availability of work until I decided I had enough after only 60 days of working for her...

Just be careful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)