Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

What We Mean - see msg

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2016 - 11:43 am In Reply to: What do you mean, "little queenies?" - Dismayed.

I think you don't realize that QA gets audited as well, and if the person auditing our reports hears something different from what we heard, do you think we're not toast as well for having changed it? It's not pretty in QA. I realize it's not pretty in MT, either, but you all MTs seem to think that we are sitting pretty with high pay, no production requirement, and no consequences.

I've been MT and QA, and trust me, I'd take MT over QA any day. If I had known then what I know now, I never would have taken the QA position, hourly rate or not. My QA hourly rate was not more than my MT hourly benefit rate, and I had a lot more headaches as QA, including more meetings with the suits who have never transcribed a day in their life, more accounts, and serious consequences if we so much as pointed out to an MT that it's catheterization, not castration. And this is when things where actually pretty good.

Anyway, I got out a few years ago, and never turned a backwards glance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)