Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It truly does happen both ways. - older CMT

Posted: Mar 21st, 2016 - 10:20 pm In Reply to: MTs are "little queenies"?? - Pfffft

I have worked as a QA editor for many years, but now just want to be an MT part-time. I used to be paid by the hour always, but some are done by the lines as you see in the ads. I was often told how nice I was because I didn't try to "hurt" the person, but I didn't sugarcoat it either. I had a really good boss who said we did not want to get in a life-and-death argument over a comma; isn't that cool? However, one day my regular non hurtful feedback was taken the wrong way by an MT who was best buddies with one of the administrator people. That person tried to get me in trouble with my QA boss, who happened to be her rival,and she supported me, but it was nasty and for no reason. In the reverse position, as an MT over the years, I have been treated very kindly by many QA people and once in a while in a nasty way by other QA people. So, it is not the job, but the actual person who is doing it to you that day, like any other person dumping on you in life. You know the saying, "there is one in every crowd." You just have to hang in there and try to work around these things or cautiously discuss it with your boss if you can, but you never know if you should keep quiet, but I was advised to wait a day or 2 before commenting and you might resolve the issue in your mind. We just have to be respectful and kind because we are all under stress these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)