Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Here's what happens folks when you are put on PAP - then fired - yes they DO fire

Posted: Mar 22nd, 2016 - 4:49 pm

I've been on this board for 5 years and keep seeing that N does not fire you, they just make you miserable until you quit. I have never seen anybody come back to tell what happened when they got fired, but here is what happened to me. Its's all good!

I was put on PAP for 4 weeks but they fired me after 1-1/2 weeks. They were nice on the phone, did not cut me off, gave me a chance to say or ask anything (unlike what has previously been reported here) and I did not get rude with them either. I did, however, put them on speaker and taped the conversation - had an inkling it was coming. 

I applied for UI a couple days later. It took awhile to get an answer because I screwed up and did not file my weekly voucher (never having been on UI before, I did not understand, thought I had to get an okay to proceed further). Needless to say, after several weeks I DID GET UI. I also got food stamps $190 mo for JUST ME!! (I am gonna get fat again if I don't get a job soon.) Energy assistance program paid my electric/gas bill. Township trustee paid my utility bills and, since I only made min wage I had no other bills, gave me vouchers for grocery stores to get cleaning/hygiene/paper products. I had already been going to food pantries for a couple years and get not only fresh produce but excellent meat wrapped in white butcher paper from meat markets that donate - not expired canned goods like I used to think! A county government program paid my mortgage but for 1 mo only. They also had me sign up for the Hardest Hit program (google it) from which I am awaiting an answer to see if I qualify to further help with mortgage. Through the UI office I have a career advisor who redid my resume and is helping me look for jobs so I can transfer my skills OUT of MT - and the jobs all pay well, already had 2 interviews. 

So, my anxiety only lasted about 10 min after THE CALL but I have been totally relieved since then! In fact, life couldn't be better. I have had time to detox from the deadly N atmosphere. 

Here's the real kicker - about 2 weeks after I was fired, my COM made her twice a year call to "see how things are going, if there is anything she can do to help me" - SHE DID NOT EVEN KNOW I WAS FIRED!!!! That was the cherry on top of my sundae - proves Nuance clearly has no clue what they are doing!

Good luck to all of you facing a PAP, don't be afraid, just let it go, let it go!! Good things WILL happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)