Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Love it, love it, love it - slave laborer

Posted: Mar 20th, 2016 - 12:24 pm In Reply to: IC MTs - tired of getting your teeth kicked in? - We cannot unionize but we CAN organize.

I have a folder on my hard drive entitled "the Sorry State of MT." I save all these amazingly articulate and well-thought-out posts by fellow MTs who are PISSED but eloquent about it lol. Seriously, I save them so that I can prove to myself that, after 22 years in this noble profession that I love, I can see that I'm not making this up, or losing my touch, or crazy (well, maybe a little crazy, but good crazy and not for this reason!). I would unionize in a heartbeat. One of the reasons that I save all these emails is that my wages were imputed to $15 per hour for 40 hours per week as an IC in a child support arbitration. I contended that I work more than 40 hours per week just running a business, and this was balked at by opposing counsel and arbitrator, incredulous that I was bringing in minimum wage. People outside of this profession just don't get it. So, having these posts saved is an emotional lifesaver for me. Thank you to one and all of my fellow MTs. While I can't spend the time/money/energy to continue to fight this a 3rd time in court, it's so helpful to reinforce the claims that I am "voluntarily underemployed," which is just a huge slap in the face to someone who works her butt off and raising a child as a single mom, AND going through menopause, AND on disability. Sheesh! So, a big ty to all who post their complaints as well as proposed solutions. We do an incredible job under what have become, for most of us, very sorry circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)