Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Prevailing wage - Mt17

Posted: Mar 3rd, 2016 - 8:13 pm In Reply to: state taxes, etc.. - AP MT

From what I understand having read other posts and having worked for other companies who paid In accordance with SCA guidelines and talking with the DOL, the prevailing wage is determined by the location in which the work is performed. Because of the complexity involved with figuring different rates with employees all over the country, some MTSOs opted to pay everyone based on the prevailing wage based on the location of the hospital to simplify things, and with most facilities being based in larger cities I'm guessing that would more than likely meet most requirements. As far as paying as employee or statutory employee, I don't think it matters as long as your hourly rate is enough to cover prevailing wage plus the additional $4 an hour that would cover benefits. So again, PSI is not having to lay everyone off because the DOL says you must be an employee. They are letting go of people that can be replaced for a cheaper wage, i.e. Very rural areas. Keep in mind the VAs write these contracts with prevailing wage and benefits in mind. PSI drastically under paid us and provided no benefits in order to profit even more. And the worst part is, they are not the only MTSO doing this still!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)