Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

ESL dictators - anon

Posted: Feb 13th, 2016 - 4:19 am In Reply to: Need words of wisdom-ESL dictators - FrustratedMT

I think it's largely experience and innate ability. A few years ago I was thrown into accounts I thought were "impossible" and basically told to sink or swim. I was told the words were in there and you have to find them. For a while I thought I was finished...and then I realized it was true. Most if not all the words actually are there. I spent a lot of time listening 100 times, but then it got easier. Now I can hear things I never would have imagined a few years ago and have little fear of ESL. But it underlines the importance and value of experience. Getting this good takes years and years of time. And you have to have even more years of experience and confidence with medical terminology to trust yourself. And I happen to have unusual facility with ESL. AND all this experience and knowledge is valued at 0.04 cpl, which translates to 2 jobs, 14 hours a day, blinding headaches, zero time to clean house or prepare food...I have a broken tooth my health insurance will not pay to repair, my appliances are failing one by one and I can't replace them...can't afford any heat but wood and not much of that so I'm grateful for 50 degrees indoors as right now...thank God I home schooled my daughter so well she is away at college on a full scholarship because otherwise I could not have continued to feed her, much less have one second of time to spend with her. God help her, she is an MT too now and we haven't seen each other in a year because we can't even afford gasoline. Uh, so don't sweat it unless you're in for the long haul, which means either it gets better "someday," or it gets even worse, which is frankly hard to imagine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)