Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Not working for IOD - SM

Posted: Feb 12th, 2016 - 9:14 pm In Reply to: Not their only refuge - Look further

That info has been on the web for a couple of years. Google it. It's probably on the Career Step blog or forum.

IOD isn't for anyone but it is one of the few places that will take new graduates to work as remote inpatient coders which is probably why people don't mind the initial low pay. Lexicode has a remote inpatient coder CDP for those with little to no inpatient coding experience too but no one can get those coders to give them the salary.

I'm sure you can get $15/hr straight out of school (and I hear CSers do that as well instead of flocking to IOD) but that is generally outpatient coding. Inpatient coding is a different animal which I'm sure is the reason IOD, Lexicode and some hospitals have CDP programs for fresh out of school coders. However, I know of at least one company that has a type of CDP program for outpatient but they only pay between $8-14/hour.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)