Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Just FYI, they do not have an internship. - sm

Posted: Feb 7th, 2016 - 10:33 am In Reply to: I'm looking for reviews from Career Step students - Anxious

Pay close attention to the post above mine because it is a very common complaint.

Just FYI, they do not have an internship. It is with another company,IOD. The IOD internship is highly competitive and open to graduates of any school. They take very few into that program and very few make it through it. People who have been in it describe it as difficult to get into and difficult to stay in. Once you finish it they might not hire you. If you get dumped out or not hired, you then have a black mark on your resume because employers know that you were unsuccessful in the training program. At that point, you also don't have enough training to pass the CCS exam. If you do make it through it, you are then locked into working for them at a lower rate of pay.

If I were you, I would not choose a school because of a misguided belief that you need or that you can get into that internship. It would be better to choose a school that offers the training you need while you are in the school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)