Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Been there done that - My review

Posted: Feb 7th, 2016 - 11:34 am In Reply to: Just FYI, they do not have an internship. - sm

I agree with all of the others, try to find another school. I did their program in 2010 and did get my CPC. I was working as an on-site MT at the time and mentored at work with someone on the coding staff with help from my manager. I accepted a medical records job from there and don't code in my present job. As far as finishing the program, I spent a year because I was out of commission due to ankle surgery, it takes most people less time than that. Internships and IOD were non-existent when I did my program and CS was trying to contract with employers to hire their students. My opinion was that the curriculum was not that great in presentation or content (not in depth enough for what you need in the workplace) and the on-line material was full of mistakes. If you go to another school, you might be able to skip the internship and go straight to work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)