Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I doubt most docs are HIPAA compliant with cell use. - Linda

Posted: Dec 21st, 2015 - 2:29 pm In Reply to: Agree..see message - Backwoods Typist

Apparently there are ways to make a cell phones HIPAA compliant, i.e. encryption, use of passwords, links to VPNs, etc. However, with the lack of training physicians receive in how to dictate (they can't even accomplish the a 'pause' command) I bet the majority of them using their cells for dictation are in violation of HIPAA. I don't think that will stop until a celebrity's privacy is violated and it makes the news. If they would just not allow the use of cell phones for dictation, these doctors in violation could be reported and fined.

Good for you for getting out of this profession and good luck in your future endeavors. Thanks for your input.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)