Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Agree..see message - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Dec 20th, 2015 - 5:04 pm In Reply to: Cell phones should be a HIPAA violation - Linda

As I have studied more and more about information security and wireless dynamics in my classes, I have learned that anything wireless casts a signal into the air, which means someone, somewhere has the ability to intercept and decipher the signal. It does not matter how encrypted or supposedly "secure" the signal is (according to wireless store employee, etc.), there are still ways to intercept and decipher.

Lets face it, technology has definitely come a long way, which means hackers have advanced their technology to keep up. Free hacking tools are available on the Internet...just a Google away. This is not to mention that some are not as informed about wireless security as others, which means they could leave their own home wireless routers with no security measures (changing password from default, enabling WPA2, etc.), leaving them very much open to war drivers or anyone else looking for free bandwidth. As you said as well, there is software out there and there is no doubt the government has it already, which likely means that the wrong hands already have it as well.

I totally agree that cellphones should be a HIPAA violation, no questions asked. It should be landline only for dictation, and no speakerphones as this allows in all kinds of other noise that could interfere with accuracy. I am now looking to enter the field of information security and get completely out of MT. For the New Year, I am giving myself the gift of certifications to enable me to get out...and I am not looking back. I hope everybody else leaves too. We all deserve so much better than any of these MTSOs can offer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)