Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

proving not saving changes - all smiles

Posted: Nov 14th, 2015 - 11:05 pm In Reply to: spellchecker not saving changes - wondering

Here's how I proved my spellcheck was not saving.

1) Ran spellcheck, made changes. Exited spellcheck without sending report (click "no" under do you want to send).

2) Ran spellcheck again, changes were showing up as needing to be changed.

3) Checked "restore" CTL-J to see when the last backup was. Last backup was way before I ran spellcheck.

4) Ran spellcheck again on the same report. Made changes. Exited spellcheck without sending.

5) Ran again, changes still not made.

6) Manually went in and made the changes without doing spellcheck.

7) Did CTL-J to see when the restore point was. System did not backup the changes I just made.

8) Did manual save to backup report.

Ran spellcheck, now it was correct, nothing needed to be changed. Exited report.

So, at various times, for whatever reason (God knows?) the spellcheck does not save the changes. Thus, I always do a manual save before spellcheck, run spellcheck and if anything needs changing I do a manual save after making the changes in spellcheck. Sometimes I will get out of spellcheck and manually make the change and then restart spellcheck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)